streams

streams

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ditch or Niche?

I’ve been a full-time mom for the last 17 years. I’ve immersed myself in this role for so long that it’s a bit hard to get myself out. It’s like I dug myself into a ditch but got so comfortable that I decided it was my niche. I would do it all over again. I have never regretted taking on this role, and I’m sure I will look back on these years as the best two decades of my life.

The seasons are changing and the time is approaching for me to find a new gig. It’s time to find a new ditch… ahem… I mean niche ;-). A vocation where I can dig in and find my new mission. Although I have many interests, I’m not sure which one is meant to be my vocation and which ones should remain avocations. The books I read about the subject instruct me with clichés like, “Follow your bliss”. Basically, find whatever you are passionate about and figure out how to make a living at it. Well, I’ve also heard the phrase, “Ignorance is bliss”, which makes me wonder if following my bliss might have similar results to following my ignorance!

I know there is a perfect niche for this phase of my life. I wish I had clear instructions on what this next mission entails. I keep tuning in, waiting for the call.

1 comment: