streams

streams

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pushing Past Failure

Fear of failure paralyzes me. Every obstacle is magnified by this fear. I’m hesitant to attempt new tasks that might reveal my incompetence. Actual failure derails me. Like a train off its tracks, I become completely immobilized. Everything spills out and the mess is scattered for miles. There’s no getting back up and chugging along.

I’ve always admired people with the resilience to push past failure. They acknowledge their mistakes, use them as learning tools, bandage their wounds and move forward. They don’t sit around questioning, “Why me? If this is part of God’s plan, why is this so difficult?”

Winston Churchill said, “Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.”

How can any one have that level of perseverance? Most people go through a period of discouragement after any failure. To enthusiastically move forward from failure to failure takes more audacity than I can muster.

No comments:

Post a Comment