streams

streams

Friday, November 9, 2012

Accepting Faith

My son told me something funny that he saw on Facebook:

“What is the most common lie told nowadays?”

“I Accept”

Whenever I sign up for anything online, there is usually a pop-up with a long disclaimer filled with legal mumbo-jumbo. At first, I used to read through the legalese. These days, I just scroll to the bottom and press the button that says, “I Accept”. For all I know, I could be accepting membership to a cult and agreeing to give them my life savings!

How often do we accept things that we don’t really understand?

When we claim to accept Christ, do we know what we are getting into? Most of us don’t take the time to get to know Him. Why not? Is it that we can’t be bothered? Are we just interested in the blessings that come after we sign-up?

Each person has to work out his own faith. This involves mental contemplation, as well as emotional struggle. We must wrestle with ourselves before we can truly accept our faith.
 
“Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God. That energy is God’s energy, an energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure.” (Phil. 2:12-13 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment