streams

streams

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Circumstantial Faith

"Before I learned to answer you, I wandered all over the place" (Ps. 119:67 MSG)

My faith wavers depending on my circumstances. When things are going well in my life, I’m praising God, I love God, His plans are wonderful… Yet, when I hit a crisis, my attitude changes. I question God’s motives. His plans don’t seem well-thought out. I suspect He routinely puts HIS Interests above my agenda!

Circumstantial faith is all over the place. It is unfocused, undisciplined, unanchored. It floats like a paper boat on ocean waves. When the water is calm, it floats along prettily. However, it disappears under the first big wave.

My trust in God must be able to withstand the storms and tsunamis of life. My faith must be anchored deep enough that it isn’t destroyed by circumstances. I wish I could be cocooned close enough to God that nothing in this life swayed my love for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment