streams

streams

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

God is Enough

I’ve been reading the same daily devotional for the past few years--My Utmost for His Highest, by Oswald Chambers. Sometimes, I find notes in the margins from previous years. It’s always fascinating to observe how I reacted to something in the past. Today, I came across the following note:

"Do you believe I am enough?"

I looked this up on an online Bible concordance, but I couldn’t find a verse that matched. I’m not sure where this sentence came from, but I feel compelled to take a closer look at it.

Do I believe that God is enough?

Well…it depends. I believe theoretically, but I don’t necessarily live as if I am committed to this theory. If I believed whole heartedly that God is enough, then I wouldn’t be concerned about anything else. Every time a worry popped up in my mind, I would be able to dismiss it.

Some of us may believe that God is capable of solving our problems. However, our issues are of little significance unless they happen to be God’s concerns as well. And if it is God’s concern, then we don’t need to be worried about it.

Is God enough? Do we need more? Do we want more? Can we find contentment in God alone? Can we detach ourselves from everything else and cling to this truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment