streams

streams

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Every year, we make a list of things for which we are thankful. It reminds us of the many things we take for granted. It's human nature to notice the troubles and challenges that we face daily, yet routinely overlook the blessings.

For example, I'm not fond of cleaning bathrooms. Today, I'm reminded to be thankful that I have bathrooms. I'm usually too tired to wash dishes after dinner. Today, I'm aware that we have food to put on those dishes. Sometimes I get frustrated about my relationships. Yet, today I'm just grateful to have these loved ones in my life.

I'm also thankful I don't live in Gaza, with bombs falling all around me. I'm grateful that my home wasn't swept away in a hurricane. I'm keenly aware of how many people around the world are suffering, while I'm safe and warm in my home.

Yet, it's not my circumstances, however favorable they may be, that bring me peace. It's knowing that God is navigating the boat I'm in, while we pass through murky waters filled with dangerous crocodiles. I'm aware of all the evil that surrounds me. However, I trust my Guide.

And, this is what I'm most thankful for...That God is my guide, my helper, my strength. In His grace, I simmer in contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment