streams

streams

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Molded by Love

Since I first met my husband, 25 years ago, my life has been shaped by my love for him. Every decision I make is molded by the thought, “How is this going to impact him?” 17 years ago, I became a mother. Since then, my love for my son has also shaped my life. A few years ago, we got a dog. Now, our travel plans are formed around our dog!
 
Our life is molded by love. The people and things we love influence our daily decisions. The love of money, status, pleasure, and power may drive some people, while others may be motivated by their relationships.

“Let your love, God, shape my life…”(Ps.119:41 MSG)

Once we are drawn into a life with God, His love shapes our every thought and every action. It’s not our love for God, but HIS love for us that molds us. While our love is like trickling water that is just absorbed by the ground, God’s love is similar to a raging flood, molding canyons and changing landscapes.

Spirit of the living God,
Fall afresh on me.
Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me.
(Hymn by Daniel Iverson)

No comments:

Post a Comment