streams

streams

Friday, November 30, 2012

Communion

Communion is an act of participation, sharing, of uniting together in oneness. When we commune with nature, we enjoy being in nature. When we commune with God, we become one with Him. We become completely absorbed in Him.

I’m not talking about the ritual of communion that occurs in church. I’m talking about connecting, communicating, and getting caught up in the arms of God. This doesn’t happen for me in church or in any other group setting. It’s much easier for me to relate to God in private, intimate moments.

“When you’re joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can’t produce a thing.” (John 15:5-8 MSG)

These moments of intimate, natural communion with God produces fruit. When we are disconnected from Him, we are useless.
 
I wish every moment was spent in union with God, but I guess that can’t happen in this life. All we can hope for are glimpses of Transcendence between the monotony of life on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment