streams

streams

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Disease of Mistrust


I came across the following when looking up the difference between the words mistrust and distrust: to distrust is to suspect someone is dishonest; to mistrust is to merely lack confidence in someone. (thesaurus.com)

I often mistrust God.

I tend to acknowledge God when things are going well. However, my trust is shaken during times of instability. It’s as if my faith is infected somehow.

I can explain this best with the following analogy. Some people get cold sores when their body is under stress. Once you are infected with the virus, it never goes away. It just lies dormant in your nerve cells and manifests itself the next time your immune system is weak.

When circumstances are good, my faith shines. But under unfavorable conditions, the disease that has lain latent inside me comes to the forefront, clearly visible for all to see. How can I be healed of this disease of mistrust?

Lord, sanctify me with an immovable confidence in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment