streams

streams

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Anima


“You care for people and animals alike, O Lord.” (Psalm 36:6 NLT)

It was one of those rare mornings when the weather was too cold for me to venture out for a run.  I stood by my kitchen window, bundled up in my warm robe, sipping hot coffee.  I noticed tiny footprints in the fresh snow. And then I saw her--a small bunny huddled near a bush. I wondered how she survived out in this frigid temperature. All the plants had turned brown months ago. I watched as she hopped along, leaving her imprint in the snow and on my mind. 

The word ‘animal’ originates from the Latin root anima--which can mean breath, soul, or spirit. God breathed His Spirit into all beings. He cares for people and animals alike. He lives in us, and we live in Him. The Lord nurtures our souls, because we are a part of Him. He tends to us with tenderness. He aches when we suffer. He rejoices when we are content. 

I wonder what happened to the bunny I saw that day. Perhaps it died of starvation or exposure to the elements. Or maybe she survived in a burrow underground. This much I know: God cares for her, and He cares for me. We are connected by love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment