streams

streams

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Big Picture


“My presence will travel with you, and I will give you rest.” (Exodus 33:14 VOICE)

I rely on GPS directions while driving to new destinations. The images on the screen show me each turn, and the audio commands let me know where to go. Sometimes I get fixated on the next step to be taken. At that moment, I wouldn’t be able to tell you whether I was heading north, south, east, or west. Neglecting to zoom out and look at the bigger picture causes disorientation.

Navigating the twists and turns of our daily lives can feel overwhelming. Some days, focusing on the next step is all we can manage. We react. We obsess. We despair. When we fixate only on the trouble in front of us, we fail to see the bigger picture.

God permeates everything. His presence travels with us. He wraps us in a blanket of peace. When we are consciously aware of God’s presence, we recognize that He is capable of putting all the broken pieces of our lives together--making us whole. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment