streams

streams

Monday, March 22, 2021

Constant Love

“Yes, Lord, let your constant love surround us, for our hopes are in you alone.”(Psalm 33:22 TLB)

For a long time, I preferred wired headphones with squishy earbuds. They fit my narrow ear canal. Since I would have to replace them frequently, I would occasionally buy knock-off brands. These counterfeit headphones were inconsistent and annoying. The last one I bought blared loudly in one ear at odd times and quit working completely within weeks. I finally decided I needed to make a switch. For the last several years, I have used the same wireless headphones. They have been durable and dependable. I was reluctant to switch, because these headphones need to be recharged every few days. Yet, now I realize that the benefits are well worth the extra effort.

Why did I settle for the lesser of the two for so long? 

The tendency to skimp unnecessarily extends to many areas of my life. For example, I used to settle for low quality relationships with inconsistent people. They offered temporary validation that was contingent on me going along with their ideas. What I craved was unconditional love and acceptance. However, I did not believe I had access to that, so I compromised for the lesser, knock-off version. Now that I have experienced the constant love of God, I am no longer satisfied with the counterfeit version of conditional approval. 

Grace is free and available to everyone. It is not cheap, but it is well worth pursuing. Immerse yourself in God’s abiding love. Invest your confidence in Him alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment