streams

streams

Monday, March 29, 2021

Guard Your Reputation


“A beautiful reputation is more to be desired than great riches, and to be esteemed by others is more honorable than to own immense investments.” (Proverbs 22:1 TPT)

When I read an article, I look at the credentials of the author. Before I make a purchase or reserve at a hotel, I read multiple reviews. Why? Because I need to determine if the source, product, or service is trustworthy.  If I have prior experience with an individual or organization, I can use this knowledge to assess their reliability. Otherwise, I have to depend on their reputations. 

Credibility is a prerequisite to the exchange of ideas. We are reluctant to accept anything from someone whom we do not trust. The currency of trust is backed by congruent actions--not by performative props or empty assertions. A principled stance is meaningless unless you are willing to follow through consistently. A sterling reputation is more valuable than wealth, fame, or power. Why? Because honorable living infuses us with self-respect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment