streams

streams

Friday, March 19, 2021

Unspoken Revelations


“The heavens are telling the glory of God; they are a marvelous display of his craftsmanship.  Day and night they keep on telling about God. Without a sound or word, silent in the skies, their message reaches out to all the world.” (Psalm 19:1-4 TLB)

Even though it was a cold, cloudy morning, I was glad to be running outdoors. The whole neighborhood was quiet that day. I felt blessed by the silence and solitude. The snow-covered ground and the cloud-covered sky were white. Against this austere background, I noticed a red-tailed hawk perched on a tree. It flew away as I got close. Seeing it made me smile. A torn, American flag flapped on a pole as a bald eagle flew overhead. I stopped to take a picture--but by the time I got my phone out, the moment had passed. Without a sound or a word, I sensed God’s presence. I thanked Him for showing up consistently, for His unspoken revelations.

Unfortunately, there are days when I am too preoccupied to commune with God. I am too busy to notice the birds, the rabbit tracks, the tree limbs, or the breeze. Instead, I become fixated on the discomfort of running, the cold temperature, the icy roads, the wind resistance, the distance I have left to finish, my lousy pace, and the aches and pains that my body is feeling. God still shows up and reveals Himself, but I am simply oblivious. What a wasted opportunity! 

God reveals His glory every second. Marvelous displays of his craftsmanship surround us. Day and night they keep on telling about God. Without a sound or a word, their message reaches out to all the world. Don’t miss out!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment