streams

streams

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

A Leased Life


“Then he leased it to tenant-farmers and traveled abroad. When the time of harvest came, he sent one of his servants to the tenants to collect the landowners’ share of the harvest.” (Mark 12:1-2 TPT)


My husband and I own some farmland. We lease it to a local farmer. He takes care of the land responsibly, rotating crops annually to care for the soil. Every season, he sends us a rent check in the mail. If he stopped paying rent, we would be concerned. If he claimed that the land was his own to do as he pleased, we would have to take drastic measures. However, we have never had to worry about any of this with our wonderful farmer. 


My life is on lease from God. Sometimes I forget this. I act like I own my days. Everything I have is on loan--my talents, opportunities, relationships, energy, time, health, resources, intelligence, and experiences. I need to continually remind myself to be a good steward. I must take care of everything that is within my purview. I must remain cognizant that I owe the Lord a share of the harvest from each season of my life. 


What can I offer God today? 


No comments:

Post a Comment