streams

streams

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Timing the Reveal


“As they all hiked down the mountain together, Jesus ordered them, ‘Don’t tell anyone of what you just witnessed. Wait until the Son of Man is raised from the dead.’” (Mark 9:9 TPT)

Jesus and three of the disciples were hiking down the mountain together after a significant miracle: the transfiguration of Jesus. The disciples had just witnessed a dramatic epiphany where Jesus revealed His glory. They had seen apparitions of Moses and Elijah speaking with Jesus--thus fulfilling an Old Testament messianic prophecy. This is the kind of news that anyone would be eager to share. Yet, Jesus asks them not to tell anyone about this event until after the resurrection. 

Sometimes epiphanies come at the weirdest times. I’ve witnessed wonders when no one else was around to appreciate them with me. I have had flashes of understanding when I have neither the time nor energy to take notes. When I try to explain it later, the enchantment is diminished. 

When we experience even minor miracles, we feel a natural urge to share our joy. However, this is not always appropriate. God unveils mysteries to each of us according to His plan. The process of digesting and understanding can be delayed. We may not know the details of how to share the message--who is ready to receive it, what words to use, or how to get maximum impact. Thus, the timing of the public reveal must also be guided by the Holy Spirit. 

Lord, I am thankful for every revelation and wonder. Help me to pay attention and understand everything You put in front of me. Grant me the patience to wait for your directions before I start sharing with others. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment