streams

streams

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

True Voice


And he has taught you to let go of the lifestyle of the ancient man, the old self-life, which was corrupted by sinful and deceitful desires that spring from delusions. Now it’s time to be made new by every revelation that’s been given to you.  (Ephesians 4:22-23 TPT)

Back in the day, I used to enjoy singing. My natural voice was considered unfeminine. Thus, I learned to sing in falsetto. This meant I could only sing in a narrow range, and the notes I produced were thin and hollow. Yet, this false voice seemed to be more pleasing to everyone’s ears. Eventually, I learned to only sing songs that fit within this limited range. After years of this practice, I have trouble recognizing my own, true voice. I rarely sing out loud anymore. 

Similarly, I have trouble differentiating between my ego self and my true nature. The ego is based on delusions. It is corrupted by societal programming of what is acceptable, admirable, and lovable. The true voice is underneath the artificial veneer, but it may not be pleasing to most ears. I may have been operating under deluded premises for most of my life. This revelation is discombobulating. 


No comments:

Post a Comment