streams

streams

Monday, August 9, 2021

Strengths and Impediments


“He even makes the deaf to hear and gives speech to those who cannot speak.” (Mark 7:37 NLT) 

The above verse is about Jesus healing a deaf man. 

Yet, as I read it I couldn’t help but think about a conversation I had with a friend a few hours ago. He mentioned he had difficulty understanding and expressing his emotions. He says he wants to...but he doesn’t know how. 

I take my abilities to hear, understand, speak, and write for granted. These are my strengths, so I rarely think about them. On the other hand, I ruminate on my weaknesses. Here are a few of my myriad deficiencies: I am a nervous driver. I can’t write in a straight line on a blank piece of paper. My brain shuts down every evening around sunset. I feel agitated around crowds. I find babies and small children confusing. These flaws are troublesome, and I would like to overcome these impediments. I just don’t know how...

If Jesus can make the deaf hear and give speech to those who cannot speak, He can surely fill in my insufficiencies! 

“Jesus led him away from the crowd so they could be alone.” (Mark 7:33 NLT)

I shall let Jesus lead me away from the crowd so we can be alone. Then, I shall wait patiently for Him to work through my weaknesses according to His purposes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment