streams

streams

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Losing my Mind

Some nights I lie awake, my thoughts careening wildly like a chariot that is pulled by multiple horses. The reins of my brain have slipped out of my control.

The following Bible verse pulsates in the back of my head:

"We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ." (2 Corinthians 10:5 MSG)

Ah... to be able to hand every loose thought, emotion and impulse over into the hands of God!

"You're blessed when you are at the end of your rope, with less of you there is more of God and his rule". (Matt 5:3 MSG)

Hmm... I wonder if losing control of your mind is a prerequisite to God controlling your brain? I guess it depends on who picks up the reins once you've dropped them? Maybe we shouldn't drop them... maybe we should carefully hand them over into the reliable hands of God.

When we get to our Wit's End, we encounter God. 

1 comment:

  1. The other night, at the conference, when I was troubled and alone, I turned my phone application on to the Bible, to Psalms; the application read it to me, and I had the Word surrounding me lulling me into peace.

    ReplyDelete