streams

streams

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Step Out of the Traffic

"Be still and know that I am God."  (Ps. 46:10 NLT)
"Step out of the traffic."   (Ps. 46:10 MSG) 

Be still, be silent, get out of the business of busyness. Step out of the traffic and drive on the less frequented country roads of our minds.

As I'm writing this, I'm already stressed. The alarm goes off on my cell phone reminding me it's time to exercise. I get up and turn it off indefinitely. I will exercise, but it's not going to take precedence over my time with God.

I'm already agitated about all the things I have to do today and all that was left undone yesterday. This is not a good time to take the scenic country roads. What I really need today is an HOV lane that would get me ahead of the traffic!

Be still. Calm down. Take a deep breath.

"Take a long, loving look at me, your High God." (Ps. 46:10 MSG)

I close my eyes. I quiet my mind. In the stillness, I recognize God's presence. I look. I feel. Words are useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment