streams

streams

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Spiritual Junk Food

Most of my choices are motivated by a desire to please. I am usually trying to please others, myself, or God. Sometimes they all seems to blur together.

I cook a meal that my family enjoys, which pleases me, which pleases God. Right? Well, that depends. My family is very fond of junk food. So we can make unhealthy choices that are pleasing to others and ourselves that cannot be justified as pleasing to God.

"You're going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food-- catchy opinions that tickle their fancy." (2 Timothy 4:3-5 MSG)

What is pleasing to God may not always be pleasing to others or to oneself.

I like writing uplifting pieces. These always get positive responses from my friends. I'm reluctant to write about subjects that may be perceived as preachy or judgmental. Yet, if I ignore convicting messages because they may be unpopular, then I'm just dispensing spiritual junk food.

No comments:

Post a Comment