streams

streams

Friday, February 24, 2012

Waiting vs. Resting

I spend a lot of time waiting. I wait in the car when I'm picking up my son. I wait on my husband to come home from work. I wait in lines, wait in traffic, wait on the phone and wait in restaurants. So I should be an expert at waiting by now. Yet when I read verses about waiting for the Lord, I'm a bit confused.

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." (Psalm 27:14 NIV)

Is this about being patient while trusting in God's timing? Or is it just an acknowledgment that God's really busy and I have to wait my turn?

"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him." (Psalm 37:7 KJV)

Our waiting times can be seen as opportunities for rest, moments to be still, a chance to soak in the Spirit's presence. It's a time to lean into God and breathe Him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment