streams

streams

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Quiet Prophets

I recently had an epiphany at Menard's, our local building supply store. I had been to this store hundreds of times before. But this time, I went with a close friend who is a builder.

She opened my eyes and enlarged my perspective. She pointed out textures, colors, and finishes that I had never noticed before. With her as my guide, I learned and experienced so much more.

Similarly, God places spiritual guides in our midst. Their experiences and insights can widen our perspective, help us see and feel like never before. They point out nuances, shades of meaning, that we might have missed.

Some people are reluctant to share their wisdom because of their humility. These quiet prophets are all around us; yet unless we ask them to teach us, we might never benefit from their experiences.

1 comment:

  1. Im glad you're willing to share your wisdom and that you are one of my spiritual guides. Thanks for being willing to talk and explore God's building store!

    ReplyDelete