streams

streams

Monday, June 4, 2012

Grand Canyon


My son recently asked me, “How do you know that there is a God?”

Spiritual mysteries are best explained through metaphors. So I reminded him of our visit to the Grand Canyon. Although we had seen pictures and videos and heard and read other people’s descriptions of this place, nothing could prepare us for the immensity of this wonder. We couldn’t understand its depth and magnitude until we experienced it for ourselves.

There are different ways to experience the Grand Canyon. One summer, my aunt drove several days to visit the Grand Canyon. Once she got there, she stepped out of her van, spent five minutes looking over the edge, and then escaped to the comfort of the air- conditioned gift shop. I’ve known others who fly over the canyon in a helicopter. But I’m most fascinated by those who live on the canyon floor. I would really like to explore and learn with these people. I bet, you could be there a lifetime and still not have experienced every nook and cranny of this marvelous place.

I have been to the edge of God. I can’t explain this wonder. I want to experience more, so I seek out those who live in deeper intimacy with Him. Great thinkers who write about their experiences are my guides. Loyal servants, who live daily within the crevices of God, are my role models.

No comments:

Post a Comment