streams

streams

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Incredible Nerd

Of all the Marvel comic book heroes, I identify the most with the Incredible Hulk. For those of you who are not familiar with this character, here is a brief description. A mild mannered physicist named Dr. Bruce Banner involuntarily changes into ‘the Hulk’, a huge green monster, at random times. Unlike the other superheroes, the Hulk tends to scare people away.

Sometimes I feel like the Hulk. There are parts of me that scare people away. I would rather keep these parts under wraps. Most of the time, I try to project an image of a fun, worldly, fashionable, non-threatening, feminine woman. However, at random times the disguise disintegrates and out comes my alter ego, ‘The Incredible Nerd’!

Most of my close friends have seen this side of me. My nerd power is at its strongest early in the morning. I try to stay away from other humans during this time of day. By the evening, I’m pretty much brain dead. I can’t even write properly after 7pm. I usually fall asleep by 10pm.

As I get older, I’m learning to embrace the weirdness within me and to find friends who accept me for who I am. I’m also learning to regulate the Incredible Nerd… well, sort of…

1 comment:

  1. Don't regulate the nerd. Don't become a carbon copy of the frustrated woman next door (not literally). Be yourself and be grateful for the power of intelligence. Grateful and humble, knowing there's so much to learn which you don't have the capacity for. ;)

    ReplyDelete