streams

streams

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Whack-A-Fear



“But when I am afraid,
I will put my trust in you.” (Ps. 56:3 NLT)

This verse doesn’t say, “I won’t be afraid, because I trust You.” It says When I’m afraidThis makes me feel better, because I do get afraid. Unfortunately, my automatic reaction to fear is worry. I wish I could confront fear with trust.

I like playing the Whack-a-Mole game at arcades and fairs. This game consists of a table-top with plastic moles that pop up randomly out of holes. You have to hit them on the head with a mallet for points. There are internet versions of this game, but hitting a keyboard key doesn’t give you the same satisfaction as using a mallet!

I wish I could whack my fears on the head as soon as they pop up. My weapon against fear is Trust in God. I expect that fears will keep popping up, one after another, from random sources. Yet with my TRUSTY mallet, I would whack them as soon as they reared their annoying heads above the surface.

“Hit their enemies where it hurts the most; strike down their foes so they never rise again." (Deuteronomy 33:11 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment