streams

streams

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Afternoon Swim

Light is refracted as it enters water. A straw in a glass of water displays the principle of refraction. The straw is not bent, just our perception of it. As Truth enters this world from above, it looks a bit askew. It’s not that Truth is distorted, just our earthly perception of it.

The word eternal means always existing. Yet most of us think of eternal life as something that hasn’t started yet. I think of temporal life--this earthly life--as just a small segment of eternal life.

It’s as if I went for an afternoon swim. Under water, my vision is blurred. I can’t breathe. It takes effort to move forward. I am not meant to live under water. I come up for air. I was created for life above--where I am in synergy with the Spirit who is around me and within me. Even though I’m not done with my swim, I can take breaks. Sometimes I just tread water and breathe. Other times, I just float, face up--basking in the light and warmth. When I am finished with this swim, I shall rest on the shore--breathing easily, seeing clearly, interacting intimately with the One who waits for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment