streams

streams

Thursday, October 30, 2014

To Know and Be Known

“Knowledge, biblically, is interactive relationship with what is known.” (Dallas Willard)

Most of us know of God, but we don’t know Him. In order to know God, we must have an intimate, interactive relationship with Him.

Interactive relationships change us. There is a transformation in our attitude, perspective, decisions, and eventually our actions. If I spend an hour in prayer, Bible study, church, etc., and I come away without being influenced by God, then I have not communed with Him. I may have connected with my own thoughts or with other people--but not with God.

It’s like the difference between walking on a treadmill versus walking with my friend outside on a beautiful day. Both provide exercise and movement. Yet, the interaction with my friend and with nature transform me in ways that the treadmill cannot.  

I don’t want to waste time anymore. I want to know God, to interact with Him, to be influenced by Him, to be transformed by Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment