streams

streams

Friday, October 3, 2014

The State of Rest

Rest is difficult for me. I have insomnia--I can only sleep a few hours most nights. I wake up early and try to read and write.  During the day, I keep striving, doing, or thinking. Even when I’m tired, I can’t relax. My body and mind crave rest.

“God himself is at rest. And at the end of the journey we’ll surely rest with God.” (Heb 4:3-7 MSG)

Can we enter into God’s rest during this life on earth?

“That promise of resting in him pulls us on to God’s goal for us...”(4:1-3 MSG)

God has assured us that we will find rest in Him. His goal for us is to become one with Him, find peace in Him. All our striving, struggling, and agonizing results from a lack of confidence in God.

As long as I imagine it’s all up to me, I can’t be still. However, if I can acknowledge that God is in control, and I can have confidence (faith) in Him--then, I can enter into God’s rest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment