streams

streams

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Head Above Water

When we are immersed in trials, how can we keep from feeling overwhelmed?

“While a man’s head is above water, he cannot be drowned.” (C.H. Spurgeon)
“None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us.” (Romans 8:37 MSG)

My body may be surrounded by earthly concerns, but, if I can keep my mind in the presence of God, inhaling the Holy Spirit, exhaling trust--I won’t drown.

“Well-formed love banishes fear.” (1 John 4:18 MSG)
The love I feel must be half-baked--because it is mixed with agitation, panic, worry, and bossiness.

Fear and anxiety are like lead weights that pull my entire being down, whereas God’s well-formed love is like a floating log that I can hang on to. It helps me keep my head above water.

No comments:

Post a Comment