streams

streams

Monday, October 27, 2014

Who Am I?

“You have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit...” (Rom. 8:15 NLT)

Who am I?

Am I a fearful slave who is controlled by the expectations of others? Thus far, my image has been molded by those around me. It’s hard to differentiate my true identity from the roles that I play: dutiful daughter, devoted wife, loving mom, loyal friend, hard worker. I have chosen these roles, because this is who I desire to be. Plus, I don’t want to disappoint any of my loved ones.
“God’s Spirit touches our spirit and confirms who we really are.” (Rom 8:16 MSG)

Lord, help me to recognize Your confirmations of my true purpose and identity.  Show me how to be the person that You created me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment