streams

streams

Friday, May 19, 2017

Bread

“I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and this bread, which I will offer so the world may live, is my flesh." (John 6:51 NLT)

The earth’s population keeps growing while its environmental health continues to diminish. Sustainability has become the holy grail of agriculture. We keep looking for novel ways to feed ourselves--seaweed, edible insects, zooplankton. However, humans have yet to come up with a feasible method of satisfying  world hunger.

Jesus offers Himself as our life bread, our eternal sustenance. Yet, we continue to focus on our scarcity. We struggle and compete with each other, diverting our attention from God. Like the Israelites in the wilderness, we are lost, hungry, and scared. The Lord provides us with manna. We must search for this daily bread, the spiritual nourishment that sustains life. We must fill ourselves with it. Nothing else can satisfy our souls.

Lord, I am relying on You to satisfy my hunger, for You are my eternal sustenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment