streams

streams

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Disrobe

“Make this your common practice: Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed.” (James 5:16 MSG)

Like many women, I am uncomfortable in swimsuits. So when swimsuit cover-ups became popular, I happily embraced the trend. I have several that look like beautiful dresses. If I am at a beach or pool, I rarely take off this outer garment. I applaud those women who are brave enough to bare their imperfect bodies. I watch admiringly as they swim and bask in the sun.

Even though I am reluctant to bare my outer body, I am learning to strip off the layers of my inner self. I have a circle of friends who are willing to be transparent. We freely share our experiences and wisdom. We are willing to be vulnerable, admit our flaws, and learn from each other. It’s like going to a beach where everyone is ready to disrobe and reveal their imperfect bodies. There is no shame, no pressure to present a flawless image. This makes it easier for everyone to bare themselves and bask in the Son. We confess our faults, fears, and insecurities to each other and pray that we shall be whole and healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment