streams

streams

Friday, May 5, 2017

God with Us

"Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9 NLT)

What are your fears?
What causes you to feel discouraged?

I am plagued by several recurrent negative messages:
--You are not good enough.
--It’s just a matter of time before things fall apart completely.
--People will abuse you if you let them.
--Love hurts.

Fear is often a tangled mess of half-truths and legitimate concerns. It’s tough to differentiate between delusions and reality. Like viruses on your computer, certain lies can be hard to remove even after you have recognized them as harmful. Replacing negative thoughts with positive ones is not easy.

When I get into a funk, my mind can go into an endless loop of self-sabotaging messages. In order to pull myself out of this yucky place, I remind myself of a few truths:
--God is with me, no matter what.
--God is in control.
--His grace is enough.
--God’s power works best in my weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment