streams

streams

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Everlasting God

“Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening? God doesn't come and go. God lasts. He's Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out.” (Isaiah 40:28 MSG)


When I was a young mother, my child was my primary concern. My days and nights were consumed by all that I had to do; I had very little time or energy for anything or anyone else. Then a mature friend gave me the following advice: “Someday your children will grow up and move on with their lives; invest in your relationship with your husband--soon, it will be just you and him.” I am at that stage of life now. My only child is grown, and my husband and I are spending a lot more time together. I am glad that we didn’t neglect our marriage while we were immersed in the parenting phase of life.


Someday, everything will disappear--husband, friends, health, wealth, strength...

Then it will be just me and my Everlasting God. He never grows weak or weary. His power and love never run out. He will never leave or abandon me. He knows me inside and out. I will draw near to My Lord, and He will draw near to me. I shall make Him my primary concern. I will cling to the Lord, who is my infinite companion and perpetual  support.

No comments:

Post a Comment