streams

streams

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

God is Dependable

“Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word.” (Hebrews 10:23 MSG)

I was at the UPS store trying to mail an application for a visa. I had been working on these forms for weeks. The package included several irreplaceable, original documents. I had already paid for shipping and return. When I walked into the store, I was the only customer. This should go smoothly, I thought to myself. Well...it didn’t. The young clerk seemed inexperienced. She called the manager up from the back several times. He was grumpy and impatient. I felt nervous leaving such valuable documents in their hands, but I had no other choice. They slapped a few labels on the envelope and handed me a tracking receipt. It was out of my hands now.

Unlike the UPS clerks, God is dependable and capable. Yet, I am hesitant to hand things over to Him completely. As long as I have a choice to hang on and manage things on my own, I attempt to do so. I have trouble  relinquishing control.

I must learn to trust God with my burdens. He knows what He’s doing.  When I take my concerns to Him, I can be sure that it will be handled properly. His promises are my tracking receipt. I can hang on to them for reassurance. Every prayer will be sealed and delivered at the appropriate time.

Lord, you are trustworthy. I shall commit every concern to You in complete faith. I will keep a firm grip on Your promises while I wait patiently for Your perfect timing. Thank You in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment