streams

streams

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Penciling in Your Plans

“You can make many plans, but the LORD's purpose will prevail.” (Proverbs 19:21 NLT)

Until recently, my family used a paper calendar for our schedule. We would write certain things like work schedules in pen, while tentative plans would literally be penciled in. This allowed us to make changes easily. These days, since we use an online calendar, I have resorted to putting question marks next to plans that are flexible or subject to change.  

I am tempted to fill up every hour of every day with my agenda. I have many things I need and want to do. However, I have learned to put question marks around all my plans, to be open to God’s purpose, and to remain flexible to whatever the Spirit brings throughout each day.

Lord, may I remember to always pencil in my plans and yield gracefully to any changes you deem necessary.

1 comment:

  1. I still use a desk calendar for the family that everything is pencilled in and use my devices calendar for when I am on the go and add places to be, people to see before I lose the information. Lord, help us all be understanding we can plan all we want, but you are the ultimate boss.

    ReplyDelete