streams

streams

Friday, May 26, 2017

Morning Manna

“When the dew evaporated, a flaky substance as fine as frost blanketed the ground.” (Exodus 16:14 NLT)
This morning, I woke up earlier than usual to run. As I headed down Peaceful Drive, the sun was just peeking over the grove of trees to the east. The dew on the grass looked like sprinkled sugar. It reminded me of the above scripture verse about manna from heaven.
As I run, my mind usually wanders from one topic to another--things I need to get done, concerns about my loved ones, prayers for neighbors as I pass by their homes, questions I have for God...
Lord, what are you going to do about such-and-such situation?
When will it get resolved?
What is my part?
“Look, I’m going to rain down food from heaven for you. Each day the people can go out and pick up as much food as they need for that day.” (Exodus 16:4 NLT)
Every morning, God provided heavenly sustenance to the Israelites while they wandered through the wilderness. They were given just enough for each day, nothing more. I, too was being given just what I needed --strength, wisdom, and grace for today--as well as essential lessons about the necessity of daily dependence on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment