streams

streams

Thursday, March 8, 2012

3D Glasses


The last time I was at the electronics store, I walked by a 3D TV. The image was fuzzy since I wasn't wearing the special 3D glasses. I thought to myself that this would not make a good family TV. You'd have to buy and keep track of so many glasses for every family member and guest to be able to watch TV at the same time. These glasses were not the cheap ones you get at the movie theater. Each pair cost close to a $100! I'll just stick to my 2-dimensional TV for now. At least I can see the picture clearly.

3D can be uncomfortably realistic. I've reached out and tried to touch things while watching 3D movies. I've even jumped back in my seat when an animal jumps towards me on the screen. Sometimes 3D movies make me queasy. Especially ones which are shot from airplanes. I end up feeling silly after most IMAX 3D movies.

As usual, this got me thinking about God. Faith is like a pair of 3D glasses, without which God seems fuzzy. Except, God is probably like 7D! Can't even fathom what that would look like. Faith in God can be uncomfortable too. Sometimes I get queasy and scared. Faith in an impalpable God feels risky and nonsensical. Sometimes I try to reach out and touch and end up feeling silly. I'm grasping at truths that are intangible.

No comments:

Post a Comment