streams

streams

Friday, March 9, 2012

Applying what I've Learned

I am an anxiety-ridden worrywart who can come up with multiple worst case scenarios for any situation. I write about subjects that I'm familiar with. So I frequently write about anxiety, control, and surrender. A friend once emailed me back something I'd written on the subject of worry. I can't seem to implement my own insights.

Jesus criticized the Pharisees for not practicing what they preach: "They talk a good line, but they don't live it. They don't take it into their hearts and live it out in their behavior." (Matt 23:2-3 MSG)

St. Francis of Assisi said it another way: "Preach the Gospel always, and when necessary use words."

How can I live the Gospel rather than just write about it? For starters, how can I stop worrying?

As soon as I notice the first symptoms of anxiety, I need to ask God to take care of the situation.

Lord, I'm starting to get worked up over this problem. I'm handing it over into your capable hands. If you have a specific role for me to play as part of the solution, please clearly tell me what that is. I will wait peacefully and patiently until you work this out according to your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment