streams

streams

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

God's Blacklist

A few weeks ago, I had a post about my blacklist. This week as I read Psalm 15 in the Message translation, I was surprised to find instructions on how to stay off of God’s blacklist.

Psalm 15
God, who gets invited to dinner at your place?
How do we get on your guest list?

"Walk straight,
act right,
tell the truth.

"Don't hurt your friend,
don't blame your neighbor;
despise the despicable.

"Keep your word even when it costs you,
make an honest living,
never take a bribe.


"You'll never get
blacklisted
if you live like this."


Here is what I got from this psalm: Stay true, do not deviate from God’s path. Be kind. Stand up for justice. Do not take advantage of others for personal benefit.

2 comments:

  1. Nice summary! I'm reading Chronicles right now, and I'm so relieved when I read the opening phrase regarding the introduction of a new king: "He did right in the eyes of the Lord" instead of the opposite. The former brings about success in the kingdom, and the opposite brings about badness for everyone. It's good to live right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add that living right is equated to seeking God first with all one's heart . . .

    ReplyDelete