streams

streams

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Corrupted Files

I was in the school library when one of the teachers came in with her laptop and mentioned that her files were corrupted. The other teachers huddled around trying to help. I moved out of their way. I could tell they were all concerned. All her work was on this computer.

I started thinking about how God is concerned about us and our corrupted files. I could imagine the Father, Son and Holy Spirit huddled around each of us, poring over how to save all the work they've put into us.

I remembered reading the following verse about the glory of the incorruptible God: "Professing to be wise, they became fools and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man." (Rom 1:22-23 NKJV)

God is indestructible, pure, immortal and unbribable. He made us in His image. Yet we cast Him in our corruptible image. We try to bribe Him with offerings. We expect Him to work within our time frames. We assign our mortal characterisitcs and limitations to Him.

Our attempts pollute and disgrace the incorruptible God. Meanwhile, God works on saving us from our corrupted files.

No comments:

Post a Comment