streams

streams

Monday, March 26, 2012

Diving

"I didn't take on their way of life. I kept my bearings in Christ—but I entered their world and tried to experience things from their point of view. I've become just about every sort of servant there is in my attempts to lead those I meet into a God-saved life.” (1 Cor. 19-23 MSG)

These verses made me think about how I can be a part of this world yet remain godly. I thought about the ropes that tether divers to the surface. How divers go down into the murky depths and then pull on their ropes when they want to come up. As long as I'm tethered to God, I'm ok. I have to be aware of how long I can stay down without harm, and then tug on the rope when I want to be pulled up. No matter how fascinating the ocean floor is, I need to come up for air eventually.

Lord, let me be tethered to you at all times. Let me hear your voice whispering to me as I dive into this day. Help me to learn and experience all that you want me to. Pull me up to you when I'm in distress. If there are others under water that are not tethered to you, please help me to bring them to safety too.

1 comment: