streams

streams

Friday, March 30, 2012

My Sister's Wisdom

As the eldest daughter in my family, I tend to take charge of situations. I’m the self-appointed fixer, even when I don’t know what I’m doing. I usually have answers to everything.

Yet when someone close to me becomes sick, I freeze up. My brain stops functioning. My mind is filled with questions but not answers or solutions. What should we do? How can I help? What is the best treatment option? Is what I’m saying comforting or insensitive? What if I say or do something that makes everything worse?

As I was voicing my questions to my sister, she said something profound. “You are not directing this! God is directing this! Your thoughts, words and choices are not going to make a huge impact on the outcome.”

My sister’s wisdom helped me gain perspective. God is in control. God is the Director of this play. I am just one of the actors. I just need to listen carefully to His instructions and follow His directions.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment