streams

streams

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Highlighter for God



"When the Friend I plan to send you from the Father comes-- the Spirit of Truth issuing from the Father-- He will confirm everything about me. You too from your side must give your confirming evidence, since you are in this with me from the start." (John 15:26-27 MSG)

Confirm God. Highlight God!

Mother Teresa said she would like to be a pencil in God's hand. I think I'd like to be a Highlighter in God's hand. Yes, a fluorescent, yellow highlighter that God uses to mark whatever He thinks is important.

When I am studying, I like to underline the important parts, the parts that I need to remember and retain. As I go through my day, whenever I encounter something that sheds a bit more understanding into God, I pay attention to it.

When God nudges us to emphasize His word, we must do whatever it takes to bring attention to it. Tell every one, "Check this out!" Become a human highlighter, an arrow flag, that points to how God is working in your life and the lives of those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment