streams

streams

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spirit Transplant

In the Gospel of John, chapter 21, there is a conversation between Jesus and Simon Peter. Here is my condensed version of what happens: Peter declares that he loves Jesus. Jesus asks Peter to take care of his sheep and follow Him. Then, He adds that Peter will lose all control of his life.

I love Jesus... up to a point. I'm ok with taking care of others as long as they aren’t too difficult. I'm all for following Jesus as long as He's going somewhere nice. But to lose control of my life? I think I'll have to pass on that!

My love for Jesus is at the flesh level. It has not penetrated to the Spirit level.

I'm afraid I might need invasive surgery to treat this ailment.

"His (God's) powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon’s scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. Nothing and no one is impervious to God's Word.” (Hebrews 4:12-13 MSG)

God’s word will cut through layers of doubt, defensiveness, human agenda, and ego. He will lay open my soul and transplant His Spirit within me. I hope my body will not reject this new transplant but accept it as its own. Once my body learns to function with this new Spirit, I will no longer be diseased but whole and healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment