streams

streams

Monday, March 12, 2012

Power Failure

5 hrs and counting with no electricity. I’m thankful that it is 50 degrees outside and none of us have to be at work or school this morning. I miss my morning coffee. Can’t crank my brain on without it. Read my morning devotional by the window. Today’s readings were about total surrender. God has got a sense of humor!

When you are powerless, there is no choice but to surrender. You struggle for a bit till you realize there is nothing you can do about it. Then you wait. Wait for the source of all power to come through.

Meanwhile, I notice that there is still tension in my surrender. I do what I can to distract myself. I have a hard time being still. I’m agitated, anxious for a return to normalcy. Either I’m suffering from caffeine withdrawal, or I have not yet reached a state of total surrender.

Still groggy, I jot down the following steps to total surrender:
1. Accept that you are powerless
2. Acknowledge God is all powerful
3. Call on God for help
4. Wait.
5. Know that God is in control His plans will unfold on His time-table.
6. Ask God what He would like you to do in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment