streams

streams

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Goal and Purpose

Jesus said: “The Father is the goal and purpose of my life.” (John 14:28 MSG)

Jesus knew where he was heading. He had a clear vision of his route and his destination. He didn’t have to have elaborate objective statements written down. This one line encompassed it all…The Father is the goal and purpose of my life.

This verse always evokes mixed emotions in me. Sometimes I get teary-eyed while reading it, because I know I fall short. I’ve highlighted it in my Bible (only the Message translation has it in this form). I’ve written it out and attached it to my fridge. I keep trying to imprint it into my brain hoping that this could be my life’s objective.

It’s like my eyes can see the target, yet my aim is off. I’m easily distracted.
"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.” (Matt: 7:7 NLT)

Lord, I ask, I seek, I knock…imprint Your spirit within me. May the Father be the goal and purpose of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment