streams

streams

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Significance

The Apostle Paul had some things to say about what is significant:

“What matters most to me is to finish what God started: the job the Master Jesus gave me of letting everyone I meet know all about this incredibly extravagant generosity of God.” (Acts 20:24 MSG)

What matters most in your life?

Is it to finish what God started? To let everyone know about God’s grace?

Or is it to finish what you’ve started? To make your mark. To make sure that everyone thinks that your life was significant?

What matters most to me?

I wish I could be as sure about my motives as Paul was about his. If I’m honest, I would have to say that there are a few other things that are a bigger priority to me than to help others understand the extravagant generosity of God.

Come Holy Spirit, do your work in me. May your purpose be my driving force.

No comments:

Post a Comment