streams

streams

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tag Team

I was reading through the Book of Ezra. Ezra is called to be the spiritual leader during a time when God’s followers are going through an identity crisis. He gets substantial help from his contemporary, Nehemiah, who is assigned the role of general contractor/administrator.

“After all this, Ezra.” (Ezra. 7:1 MSG)

There are only 10 chapters to this book. Ezra only enters the picture in chapter 7 of the book named after him! God’s timing is inexplicable.

I was struck by how God gathers the most diverse people, from all corners of the earth, and assigns them different roles in His projects. General contractors, builders, spiritual leaders, organizers, dentists, doctors, business men and women, homemakers, gardeners, bakers, animal experts, writers, young, old, weak, strong, short, tall, extroverts and introverts, patient and impatient, multicultural, multilingual, multitalented…God calls each according to His timing. Some are called to start a project, and others are brought in to finish it.

Sometimes when God calls me in for a project, it’s not a convenient time for me. I miss my cue. God is forced to pick an alternate. The play goes on without me.

1 comment:

  1. I like this, and it kind of goes with what I wrote today. Sometimes we need to be patient for the other team members for a project to continue. I'm not good at patience during some days and then undermine God's work in me to be part of a project.

    ReplyDelete